Whether your wedding is in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere, a Spring wedding is always a good idea! After what seemed like an eternal winter, sunshine and warm weather is forecast to be coming to the UK. So in celebration of our upcoming weeks of Vitamin D bliss, I’ve teamed up with Julia Jeckell – UK based Hair & Make Up artist and her talented collective to arm our W+P B2B’s with the Wedspiration to recreate the perfect Natural Springtime Bridal Look for this years wedding season!
Natural light shines through the windows of The Gage Gallery in this stunning ‘Springtime’ shoot styled by Anna Straw from Anna’s Attic. Foliage and fresh Gypsophila made by local florist Moss and Clover bring an English Garden vibe to the industrial backdrops of Kelham Island.
This natural, fresh & dewy bridal look features soft touches of rose and nudes to create effortless and radiating beauty. Keep reading to learn how you can recreate the look on your special day!
MAKE UP – GET THE LOOK!
STEP 1: GETTING PREPPED
- To create this beautiful natural springtime bridal look, firstly clense and prepare the skin by applying moisturiser.
- Then use a light coverage foundation (Julia used Illamasqua’s ‘Skin Base’) applying lightly all over with a brush for a soft, dewy finish.
- Next, conceal and brighten under eyes, setting with a light translucent powder. This can also be applied on the nose, forehead and chin to take away any unwanted shine,while leaving the rest of the face dewy.
STEP 2: THE EYES
- Prepare the eyelids with an eyeshadow primer base and neutral matte eyeshadow all over.
- Taking matte eyeshadow shades in soft camel and light brown, softly blend them into the socket line and eyelid to give a ‘tea stained’ look.
- Then apply a soft brown eyeliner and blend into the top lash line, using a few natural individual lashes on the corners for definition.
- Complete the look with one coat of black mascara.
STEP 3: THE FINAL TOUCHES – CHEEKS & LIPS
- Apply a soft cream blush in a soft rose pink, blending with fingers into the apples of the cheeks and outwards towards the hairline.
- Use a nude pink matte lipstick to finish
HAIR – GET THE LOOK!
Hair was styled into loose boho waves using tongs, swept into a Waterfall braid at the crown of the head.
Finished with fresh Gyspophila gently placed along the braid, creates a more natural subtle floral look without having to wear a full flower crown.
So there you have it ladies! You are now armed with the tools to recreate your perfect natural springtime bridal look.
Want to get in touch with the collective for your big day? Check them out here!
Photographer: Aden Priest / Hair & Make Up: Julia Jeckell / Bridal Wear: KMR Bespoke Bridal / Flowers: Moss and Clover / Venue: The Gage Gallery Sheffield / Set Stylist: Anna Straw / Model: Jessica Conner from Boss Model Management